Update March 2020:
We have repurposed the facility to make and donate much needed Personal Protective Equipment to local healthcare workers, which means our normal operations have been suspended. Please consider giving to support the current initiative and ensure the makerspace can return to serving the maker community when appropriate. Thank you!
Current Fundraising Effort:
Why give to the makerspace? Your donations impact local makers! The following services are possible thanks to help from our sponsors:
- Access to high tech fabrication tools for local innovators, students, and military
- Classes to teach valuable skills that increase job opportunities
- Tools and equipment not otherwise available to innovators to prototype
- Mentoring to create new prototypes and learn skills
- Support to start a business and bring products to market
Are you interested in being a MakerSpace Sponsor? We have numerous opportunities to contribute to the space and be recognized.
- Sponsor a fabrication area (like the SCJ Alliance Design Lab)
- Sponsor a high-value machine (like the laser cutter)
- Sponsor a class or series (like electronics, 3D modeling, or entrepreneurship)
- Sponsor an event (like a speaker or repair cafe)
Please contact Joseph Anderson, the MakerSpace Director, for current opportunities. As part a 501(c)(3) non-profit, all donations are tax deductible.
Do you have spare tools or materials to donate? The majority of our tools are acquired through donations and grants, and surplus wood/metal/plastic is welcome by our members. Please Contact Us to arrange drop off.